Monday, February 25, 2013

Safe Driving?

This weekend, as I was driving to Ohio, we suddenly had to stop because of a lot of traffic. The traffic was caused by a large crash on the highway. As hundreds of cars stayed in one spot for hours people started to complain, so I decided to do some research and figure out what was happening. According to one report I read, the accident was believed to be caused by a driver that was also texting.

This massive accident is just one of many that has been a result of texting and driving. In fact, I learned many facts I didn't know previously about texting and driving from this awareness website.






So if texting and driving is extremely dangerous, then why haven't more laws been passed preventing people from doing it? In other countries many laws have already been passed like that. Do you think there should be harsher laws for texting and driving in the U.S, and if so, what should they be?

No comments:

Post a Comment